Every child entering a Florida school for the first time needs the Florida Certification of Immunization form (also known as Form 680 or “blue card”). This form must be completed by a physician or a Florida county health department. Please note: Form 680 may be printed on blue or white paper; as long as the form is certified, it is an official form.
The Department of Health in Marion County provides Form 680 for free when vaccines are provided. If a card/form is needed at a time when an immunization is not given, there is a $5 fee. At the parent or legal guardian’s request, staff are able to provide a PIN number for the FLSHOTS system that allows the form be printed from any printer (avoiding the $5 fee).
Submitting out-of-state/country records for transfer
- Complete/submit the following information to DOH-Marion at least three weeks prior to school orientation/registration:
• Copies of child’s immunization records with the name and date of birth on each page. Send former physicians this authorization form to disclose confidential information if needed to obtain the records.
• Completed out-of-state/country immunization records transfers form (en Español)
• Copy of valid driver’s license/passport of parent completing form.
- Keep copies for your records; never submit original documents. Make sure writing is legible.
- Submit documentation by one of the following:
• Option 1: Fax documents to DOH-Marion at 352-620-6824.
• Option 2: Mail documents to Florida Department of Health in Marion County, ATTN: Immunizations, 1801 SE 32nd Ave., Ocala, FL 34471.
• Option 3: Drop documents off in person at the DOH-Marion office (1801 SE 32nd Ave., Suite 400, Ocala, FL 34471).
- All records will be processed within 48 hours of receipt. A nurse will notify parents whose child’s vaccinations are incomplete. Illegible/incomplete patient information will not be processed.
- Copies of immunization records can be picked up in-person at DOH-Marion’s office. Records cannot be faxed or emailed back. There will be a $5 fee for each 680 form.