The AIDS Drug Assistance Program
ADAP helps HIV-positive people stay healthy by assisting with the purchase of HIV prescription medications. ADAP provides HIV medications for people who do not have private health insurance, qualify for Medicaid, or are awaiting Medicaid eligibility.
To enroll in ADAP you must be Ryan White Eligible:
- Have proof of HIV status
- Proof of living in Florida
- Been denied Medicaid
- Income less than 400% of the federal poverty level
Persons are not eligible if they:
- Are in institutional care
- Are current Medicaid recipients
- Are covered by private insurance with monthly copays less than $250
- Have an income more than 400% of the federal poverty level
At time of enrollment, you are required to have:
- Current letter of Ryan White eligibility.
- Current CD4 and HIV viral load test results less than 4 months old
- Current prescriptions less than 6 months old and have at least one prescription for a medication on the ADAP formulary
Individuals who have private insurance may be eligible for the ADAP Premium Plus program: ADAP Premium Plus is a component of the ADAP program designed to assist ADAP clients who have prescription insurance coverage such as Medicare Part D, a Pre-Existing condition Plan (PCIP), private insurance, or discount plans with out-of-pocket costs.