DOH-Marion provides COVID-19 update (Aug. 22)
August 22, 2020
OCALA, Fla.—Marion County is reporting 7,926 cumulative cases of COVID-19 today; none were from correctional facilities. Of Marion COVID-19 tests from Aug. 21, 7.17% were positive; the county’s cumulative positive test rate is 13.45%. The daily positivity rate for all new COVID-19 tests in Florida on Aug. 21 was 4.87%; the state’s cumulative positive rate is 13.56%.
New COVID-19 related deaths
The latest COVID-19 related deaths are:
- 58-year-old female from Ocala
- 89-year-old male from Ocala
- 93-year-old male from Ocala
- 90-year-old female from Ocala
- 75-year-old male from Ocala
- 83-year-old male from Ocala
- 82-year-old male from Ocala
- 74-year-old female from Ocala
- 88-year-old female from Belleview
- 70-year-old male from Ocala
- 69-year-old male from Ocala
- 94-year-old female from Ocala
- 80-year-old female from Ocala
A total of 134 Marion County residents have died after testing positive for COVID-19. They ranged in age from 32 years old to 98 years old.
For more information
For the latest on COVID-19 in Marion County, visit DOH-Marion online at Marion.FloridaHealth.gov and follow the agency on Twitter (@FLHealthMarion).
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Florida, visit floridahealthcovid19.gov. For general questions about COVID-19, call the state hotline (866-779-6121), local hotline (352-644-2590), or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.