Testing for COVID-19
You can be tested for COVID-19 by various health care agencies:
- Department of Health in Marion County (DOH-Marion)
- Heart of Florida Health Center
- Langley Health Services
- Local urgent/express care facilities
- Hospitals (patients only)
- Some primary care providers
- Some pharmacies
If you are interested in testing by a specific facility, please contact that agency in advance (before visiting the facility) to let them know you would like to be tested for COVID-19. Each site may have its own procedures for testing.
Testing by the Department of Health in Marion County
The Department of Health in Marion County operates a first come, first served drive-through COVID-19 testing site at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion (2232 NE Jacksonville Road, Ocala). For information on dates testing will be held, visit http://marion.floridahealth.gov/events/index.html. You do not need to be experiencing symptoms to be tested.
For testing by DOH-Marion at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion:
- Individuals should bring a valid photo ID.
- Minors under age 18 will only be tested if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- People should be prepared to stay in their vehicles while waiting for testing; restroom facilities will not be available.
- Only people who are being tested should be in the vehicle, with the exception of parents, guardians or caregivers.
- No pets are permitted in the vehicle during tests.
Receiving COVID-19 test results
The medical provider that performed the test should call you to give you your test results when they are available. Until you receive your test results, you should take precautions to prevent possibly spreading the illness to others. This means you should not go to work, school, stores, or attend gatherings until you receive your results. You should also take precautions to prevent possibly spreading the virus to your family or other close contacts, such as a roommate. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/3key-steps-when-waiting-for-COVID-19-results_508.pdf for a list of precautions and actions to take while waiting for your results.