In the state of Florida, the below are currently eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccinations:
- Persons 18 years of age and older (Note: persons 16 years of age and older are eligible for a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine)
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Individuals deemed extremely vulnerable to COVID-19
The Department of Health in Marion County provides COVID-19 vaccinations (by appointment only) at the Paddock Mall (3100 SW College Road, Ocala) in Ocala, Florida.
To register for a future COVID-19 vaccination appointment through the Department of Health in Marion County, visit https://tinyurl.com/MarionCOVIDvax. Residents without online access can call 352-644-2590 for assistance in signing up.
Find out more at:
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 vaccinations in Marion County
- Marion County, Florida government COVID-19 website
PADDOCK MALL VACCINATION SITE DETAILS
The Paddock Mall vaccination site is accessible by appointment only and is a walk-up (not drive-through) site. You will take the following steps to receive your vaccination at the location.
Step 1: When you arrive at the Paddock Mall, you should park your vehicle near the mall entrance closest to the Belk department store. The entrance faces Southwest College Road/State Road 200.
Step 2: Go to the mall entrance appointment check-in table, give the staff person your name and complete your paperwork. You will then walk inside the mall to the registration area, where staff members will verify their information.
Step 3: Once registration is complete, you will walk to the vaccination area where medical personnel will provide information about the vaccine you are about to receive and vaccinate you.
Step 4: After receiving your vaccination, you will walk to a seated waiting area where medical personnel will monitor you for 15 to 30 minutes for possible adverse reactions. After the monitoring window is complete, you will be permitted to depart the mall and return to their vehicles.
If you have special transportation needs
Vaccination site staff will have transportation available to help transport you from your vehicle to the mall entrance. If you require a wheelchair, walker, or other mobility device, please bring that with you as you will need to wait in line for your vaccination appointment.
WHERE CAN I RECEIVE A COVID-19 VACCINE?
There are multiple agencies and pharmacies in Marion County who offer COVID-19 vaccine appointments to the public. They include (among others):
- Department of Health in Marion County https://tinyurl.com/MarionCOVIDvax (residents without internet access can call 352-644-2590 for assistance)
- CVS cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine 1-800-746-7287
- Heart of Florida Health Center https://www.myhfhc.org/ 352-732-6599
- Publix publix.com/covid-vaccine
- Sam’s Club samsclub.com/covid
- Walgreen’s walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
- Walmart walmart.com/COVIDvaccine
- Winn Dixie winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
The availability of appointments for vaccines will vary by location.
For more information on vaccination opportunities in other counties, visit that county's health department or county government website online or visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/.