Diabetes Self-Management Class
|October 27, 2018 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM|
Benevolent Church of God
15490 N. US Highway 441
The Florida Department of Health in Marion County is holding a series of free Diabetes Self-Management classes starting Oct. 2 so residents can learn more about diabetes and the changes they may need to make to their daily habits if they have it. The six-week class will cover: understanding diabetes, risk factors, eyes, teeth, toes and feet, physical activity, meal planning, preventing complications, and medications and medical care. Class locations, dates and times are:
- Belleview Public Library (13145 SE County Highway 484, Belleview)
- Each Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon from Oct. 2 to Nov. 6.
- Florida Department of Health in Marion County (1801 SE 32nd Ave., Ocala)
- Each Thursday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. from Oct. 4 to Nov.8.
- Benevolent Church of God (15490 N. U.S. Highway 441, Reddick)
- Each Saturday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. from Oct. 20 to Nov. 24, 2018.
Anyone can attend the classes. Interested residents are encouraged to pre-register. To register or find out more information, contact Demi Danso-Odei at 352-644-2618 or Demi.Danso@FLHealth.gov.
Event Starts: 12:30 PM
Event Ends: 2:30 PM